King George Parent Advisory Council
April 4, 2017
Meeting started 7:00 PM
Tim Philps, Chair
Jen Moorhead, Treasurer
Jason Lauzon, Principal
Adele Esnault, Teacher Liaison
Approximately 10 parents
1. Treasurer Report
· More funds have been distributed however still have several large ticket items pending. Balance $8253
· Total funds disbursed YTD $7800
2. Principals Report: Jason Lauzon
· Underfunded scholarships - Jason to advise PAC via email the specifics of these scholarships and provide more details so that we can discuss further and vote next month if we can support all or partial amount of these funds. $2300
· Further discussion in regards to funds outstanding to PAC as well. Hold over to next month for further discussion and vote as a PAC.
· Report cards are now available on line to parents. There are no longer paper based report cards distributed to the students. Parents to ensure they are aware of log in and password as all students have received this.
· Students grades 8-11 will be required to complete a self-evaluation by the end of the year. Template will be provided to them.
· 11 teachers will be leaving KG at the end of this school year; retirement, transfer or personal leave. This provides a great opportunity to the school to bring in new teachers with new ideas and potential.
Meeting adjourned: 8:00 PM
Next PAC meeting Tuesday, May 2, 2017 at 7:00PM
King George Library