King George Parent Advisory Council
March 7, 2017
Meeting started 7:00 PM
Tim Philps, Chair
Jen Moorhead, Treasurer
Jason Lauzon, Principal
Adele Esnault, Teacher liaison
Approximately 10 parents
1. Treasurer Report
· Balance $10867 still pending significant distribution which will come within the next few months. Jason to remind the teachers to submit receipts and draw on approved funds.
· $625 paid to CPR course for Link Leadership crew.
2. Teachers Report
· PAC meeting at community of schools Elsie Roy and Lord Roberts – look for some of our parents to go to their meetings to provide insight as to what to expect in high school.
3. Principals Report: Jason Lauzon
· Funding restored which will have a significant impact on our school and students for which we should see immediate results.
· Senior Boys Basketball Team finished 3rd in the provincials for their division. A great outcome for which we are very proud.
· School Play will take place in April exact date TBD
· MYP fair – grade 10 personal projects was a great success the children pulled together and complete and presented their projects on time.
· Chairperson for next year is needed for the KG PAC. Jason to go out to elementary school PAC meetings and encourage parents of grade 8 children to continue to be a part of PAC at the high school level.
· Grade 11 & 12: upcoming presentations; ICBC road safe, BC Lions Self Esteem
· KG website is the best place to find out information about the school, parents are encouraged to go online as often as they can.
· Mini School program for next year Enriched MYP Leadership to replace Tech Immersion
· TV monitors now installed in the school. They will be used to showcase goings on in the school and provide information to the students.
Meeting adjourned: 8:00 PM
Next PAC meeting Tuesday, April 4, 2017 at 7:00PM
King George Library