King George Parent Advisory Council
November 15, 2016
Meeting started 7:00 PM
Tim Philps, Chair
Jen Moorhead, Treasurer
Jason Lauzon, Principal
Approximately 10 parents
1. Treasurer Report
- Budget for allocating funds approved at $17500 for 2016/2017
- All voted and all approved at the meeting. Details to follow for distribution. Check website for specific details.
2. Principals Report: Jason Lauzon
- Luke Modder: liaison with UBC and student teacher program which is in effect.
- Elsie Roy and Lord Roberts continue to collaborate with KG to keep schools connected and enrolment increasing.
- Curriculum meetings last week / will be minimal impact to KG as very similar to existing MYP/IB programs.
- Halloween Dance Oct 31 a success and well attended, no issues to report.
- Parent Teacher Conferences: upcoming, please book appointments on line.
- Funding for school this year is 20% less than previous year as a result of the VSB budget.
- Grad venue for reception is still pending/ Miss E to report back on this at a future PAC meeting.
3. Teachers Report
- Interim report cards sent home 2 weeks ago for grade 8-10
- Report cards: paper copy will no longer be offered. Nov 28-Dec 9 you will be able to log into MyEd to access the online system for report cards. Each student has been provided a log in id and password. KG will no longer be offering paper based report cards.
- Remembrance Day ceremony last week, very successful with full student participation.
Meeting adjourned: 8:00 PM
Next PAC meeting Tuesday, January 3, 2017 at 7:00PM
King George Library