King George Parent Advisory Council
September 13th, 2016
Meeting started 7:00 PM
Tim Philps, Chair
Jen Moorhead, Treasurer
Jason Lauzon, Principal
Adele Esnault, Teacher Liaison
Approximately 18 parents
1. Opening Remarks
- Parents introduced themselves around the room.
- Opening remarks from PAC Chair Tim Philps – provided overview of purpose, functions, and responsibilities of the PAC.
2. Treasurer Report
- General Acct/Gaming Account: balance carried over from previous school year $3400.00
- Gaming Grant: application submitted June 2016, pending receipt which typically is deposited by Sep 30. $20 per student from the previous school year.
- Direct Appeal: pending for the next 2 months.
- Upon funds from Direct Appeal and Gaming, will review and vote on teacher submissions for designation of PAC funds for the 2016/2017 year.
3. Principals Report: Jason Lauzon
- Focus on Communication for students, teachers and parents.
- KG Website is being updated and would like input, assistance in ensuring all information and links are current and accurate.
- Newsletter is currently on the website under the MYP tab.
- Voice mail system in place and a good way to communicate upcoming events for parents, additionally if any concerns or questions feel free to call the school office directly.
- Website icon ‘Calendar’ provides the full school schedule for all holidays, events, class schedules is also available on the Website.
- Some students still facing challenges with timetable hope to have all this resolved within the upcoming week. Thank you for patience in this matter.
- Link Crew /Leadership program participated in grade 8 student and parent orientation prior to the beginning of school this was a very successful endeavour and benefitted new grade 8’s coming into the school, to ease anxiety for the start of high school.
- Grade Assembly’s completed; this format allows message and expectations be set for individual grades and differs greatly between age and grade of students.
- School fees are to be paid online via School Day website. If for some reason you cannot pay online please make arrangements with the office secretary.
- Have been offered to participate in pilot with VSB for paperless report cards this year. PAC agrees to participate in this pilot.
4. Teachers Report: Adele Esnault
- MYP information session Sep. 15 2016 after grade 8 welcome BBQ and Dance
- November PAC meeting will be deadline for teachers to submit funding requests.
Meeting adjourned: 8:10 PM
Next PAC meeting Tuesday, October 4th, 2016 at 7:00PM
King George Library